CRYOTherm is equipped with easily accessible top load filters for quick and convenient cartridge replacement. Replacement cartridges can be purchased from Grimm via our website or phone contact.
- With the pumps off and the tanks drained, lift the gray tab on the lock ring assembly and turn the ring in a counterclockwise direction to loosen and remove the ring.
- With the ring removed, grasp the handle on the filter lid and lift, removing the lid from the filter housing.
- Lift and remove the filter cartridge and clean away any debris remaining inside the filter housing.
- To clean and disinfect the filter housing, spray the inside surface of the housing and lid with pure disinfectant spray (or comparable product) and allow surfaces to remain wet for at least 30 seconds before wiping and reassembling filter.
- A bromine feeder is included in the filter assembly. Should you choose to use bromine review the Water Quality Fundamentals Instructions.
- To reassemble, insert a new or cleaned filter cartridge into the housing and replace the lid. Push the lid down completely to assure that it is fully inserted into the housing.
Important: the rubber O-ring on the lid should be routinely inspected to evaluate wear and need for replacement.
- Reinstall the locking ring and turn in a clockwise direction to tighten ring. Do not over tighten.
- The cartridge that was removed should be discarded or cleaned for future use.
- Proper cleaning of the cartridge includes soaking in filter cleaner, rinsing thoroughly, allowing to dry, and storing in a dry location for future use.