Use of ORB-3 Enzyme Cleaner Concentrate in CRYOTherm
ORB-3 Enzyme Cleaner Concentrate can be used on an annual basis (or as needed) to perform a deep clean of the CRYOTherm hydrotherapy piping and components. It can also be used as a filter cleaner. It is a biodegradable, non-caustic cleaner safe for use on all water-safe surfaces. It is non-hazardous, non-toxic, & nonflammable, allowing it to be used without presenting health concerns to users.
Other benefits include:
- augments the natural decomposition and removal of organic materials from the piping
- keeps filter cartridges cleaner and extends their effectiveness
- a non-corrosive means of cleaning the entire system, requires no special equipment
For a deep clean, pour a 32-oz. bottle of ORB-3 Enzyme Cleaner Concentrate directly into the water of each tank
and circulate for at least one hour. Tanks of less than 500 gallons may be deep cleaned with 16 ounces. Detailed
Directions for deep clean:
- Drain the water from the tank(s) that are to be cleaned.
- Remove the filter cartridges and re-assemble the filter without the cartridge.
- Remove the jets by unscrewing them with the jet tool and setting them aside.
- Refill the tank(s) with fresh water to just above the line of the jets.
- Pour the 32-oz. bottle of ORB-3 Enzyme Cleaner Concentrate (or half bottle for tanks under 500 gallons) directly into the water.
- Run the pumps for at least one hour. Cool and fill functions should be left off.
- After at least one hour shut off the pumps and drain the water from the tank(s).
- Clean up any debris that was broken loose and has deposited into the tank(s).
- Replace the jets with the jet tool, be sure the nozzle is clicked into place before reinstalling each jet. Make sure the jets are snug but do not overtighten.
- Reassemble the filter with the cartridge installed.
- Fill and use the CRYOTherm as usual.
Directions for cleaning a filter:
- Dilute ORB-3 Enzyme Cleaner Concentrate into enough water to fully submerge the filter cartridge(s). The dilution rate is 4 ounces of enzyme per gallon of water used, use warm water if possible.
- Rinse away visible dirt and debris from the cartridge(s) with water before placing the cartridge(s) in the enzyme solution.
- Fully submerge the cartridge(s) to be cleaned into the solution and let soak for at least 30 minutes, longer will not hurt.
- After the appropriate contact time, remove the cartridge(s) from the solution and rinse the cartridge(s) thoroughly. If not rinsed well, excess enzyme may cause foaming in the tanks when the cartridge is reused. Foaming is not harmful and will subside after time.
- The used solution may be discarded, or set aside for later use. If kept for later use it should be covered and stored out of direct sunlight in a cool dry area.